Manufacturing Capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
With Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision), you can boost operational efficiency and effectively manage production, including production orders, bills of material, supply planning, and capacity requirements planning. Flexible processes and integrated information equip you to make accurate promises to customers, respond quickly to last-minute requests and changes, and take advantage of new business opportunities to help your business stay ahead of the competition.
Improve business performance from the shop floor to your bottom line. Streamline your operations by automating manufacturing processes and gain greater visibility into all aspects of your operations from order entry to production, warehouse management, and delivery.
Provide customers with information they can count on. Increase the accuracy of promised orders and respond quickly to customer queries about order status and delivery.
React to changing customer demands promply with agile manufacturing. Plan rush orders, make exceptions, and handle last-minute changes to your manufacturing processes with multiple planning options, tracking, and interactive action messages.
Open your business to trading partners around the clock. Using a Web browser, vendors can manage catalogs, enter drop shipment orders, and maintain delivery dates.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) manufacturing functionality includes:
- Improve coordination of made-to-order requests
- Simplify make-or-buy decisions
- Modify components and operations as needed, even on released production orders
- Plan product family orders that share the same routing to create efficient build schedules
Bills of Material (BOMs)
- Integrate different types of BOMs and customized definitions into manufacturing operations
- Support time-to-market and time-to-volume objectives
- Create, track, and process multiple versions of BOMs and routings
- Access an overview of production schedules displayed in Gantt charts
- Use drag-and-drop functionality to reschedule operations
- Promise orders more accurately with available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) insight
- Quickly make exceptions and last-minute changes to meet customer needs
- Plan from the sales order, production order, or purchase requisition, or use traditional master production schedule (MPS) or material requirements planning (MRP) methods
- Facilitate materials flow through the supply chain with multilocation planning capabilities
- Update and change all materials, costs, and operations simultaneously
- Analyze sales patterns from multiple perspectives
- Compare forecasted demand with actual sales
- Consolidate and distribute demand plans with multiple stakeholders for collaborative planning
Capacity Requirements Planning
- Implement realistic plans according to all incoming resource capacity demands
- Redefine order modifiers and reorder policies as needed
- Accommodate changing shop floor workloads
- Simplify planning with calendars and machine center allocation of tools
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Integrate manufacturing and warehousing functionality
- Optimize warehouse layout and space utilization
- Maintain up-to-date inventory information
- Manage manufacturing costing
- Understand item costs throughout the production process, including inventory, WIP, and cost of goods sold (COGS)
- Manage sales and purchase prices with customers and vendors
- Effectively utilize your automated data collection system (ADCS)
- Collect and use accurate inventory data in real time
- Increase the visibility of accurate inventory data throughout your business
- Improve warehouse efficiency